Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I Never Said It Would Be Easy, I Only Said It Would Be Worth It

4th post. Go me:) We haven't had Internet in I don't know how long, so I guess I'll try updating with my phone!

Well it seems like our lives are ever-changing. Change like this is very challenging for me, for us. It wasn't until Sunday I heard this quote, "I Never Said It Would Be Easy, I Only Said It Would Be Worth It..." not for the first time, but again. So I'm trying to live by it.

I never started the nanny job. Or the nanny job that I got hired for after not starting the first one. So naturally, after almost a month and a half of not having a job, I accepted the first offer that was handed to me. ...And you guessed it, Pre-School. Yay. But I can't complain, it's a job. A Full-Time one at that. And those are hard to come by these days! At least I'm working with the infants/toddlers.

Cory just interviewed to be a Full-Time employee for HEB. Yes, this whole time he's just been Part-Time. Of course Part-Time can work 39.9 hours and still not be considered Full-Time (crap), but he's been doing that. So cross your fingers please! The benefits would be a nice addition to the hours he's working. He's really started to like HEB, enough to maybe grow with the company and make a career out of it. HEB is a pretty great company.

We lived with his Aunt and Uncle and two cousins for about 5 weeks, and that was absolutely wonderful. They are an amazing family and we're so happy to have had that chance to get to know them better! But we are still glad to finally be on our own, again, in the small town of Bartlett, Texas. I'm not use to small towns, but he grew up around here, so he loves it. And I'm glad to be here with him.

I'd like to give a shout out to his family and mine for being so darn helpful these past few months. Seriously. Probably wouldn't be here without y'all.

We are very blessed. The Gospel is amazing.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds like our life! Haha, just keep pressing forward though! :) It sounds like you're stickin' to the right stuff so you'll be great! Glad to hear things are going well!!

    ReplyDelete